Monday, May 11, 2009

Back to the Doctor

Back to the Doctor For the Ears

After another restless night, Joey took Joseph back to the doctor today to check his ears. NO ear infection, but tons of fluid and build-up. So the plan is...more antibiotics and ear numbing drops and Motrin for 2 weeks and then back to the doctor. His ears don't seem to be draining correctly, so we may be discussing tubes at the end of this month.

I feel SO BAD for Joseph...he can't sleep for more than about 3 hours before he wakes up pulling at his ears. Some nights have been better than others, but for the past month we have been taking turns letting Joseph sleep on our chest.

He has also gotten 4 teeth this month so each week it has been a guessing game...Ears or Teeth...Ears or Teeth?

3 comments:

Kelly and Roger Elfert said...

Tubes were the best thing we ever did for Kate! I know its tough, but we kept going through the same vicious cycle. She has been great since. Good luck. Hope yall get some rest.

Anonymous said...

Tubes were the best thing that ever happened to Cade too!! Remember ????? I know how it is, sleepless nights, but just think....summer is calling our names: LEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH, EEEEMMMMMMIIIIILLLLLYYYY!!! Can you hear it??? WOOO HOOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, Causey got tubes and they have been great!! I hope he is feeling better, and i was all for Motrin when she was teething!! Harper