
This has been a crazy week for me. Most of you know, I went back to the doctor Monday morning (after Friday's appointment) because I almost passed out in the shower and while drying my hair. I had been pretty sick all weekend and didn't keep anything down for 3 days. Anyway, I went to the doctor because I had signs of dehydration. I had lost 5 more pounds since Friday's appointment, platelets were low (who knows what that means?), but the doc gave me more meds and sent me on my way. Baby's heartbeat was great. I took Tuesday off too to regain my strength and get some more rest before being on my feet all day at school.
I walked into the hall to find 2 of my Principals, 4 teachers I work with, a camera in my face, and News Channel 3 Anchor man, Kris Anderson.

Today, I am back at school. Having a pretty good day, feeling a little weak, but definitely making it. I am in the middle of teaching Volume to my 3rd period Math class. My exact phrase I was in the middle of was, "Imagine if we filled this room with cupcakes..." when my Principal poked his head in (don't you love it when they do that) and said, "Can I see you in the hall?" YIKES
I walked into the hall to find 2 of my Principals, 4 teachers I work with, a camera in my face, and News Channel 3 Anchor man, Kris Anderson.I was presented the Educator of the Week!!! How exciting!!! I was super surprised and honored! I am pretty sure my students nominated me, which is a BEYOND WORDS feeling. I have some amazing kids this year and they work so hard for me. I am overwhelmed that they would take the time to nominate me. Of course, they were applauding when I entered the room. A moment I will never ever forget in my teaching career. I will stop before I get too emotional about my students and my job. :)
One thing I hate is my voice on camera or a recording. I do anything to keep that from happening. I was a deer in headlights. COMPLETELY caught off guard. BLOOD RED...face and neck. I have NO CLUE what I said. I am sure I sound like a complete MS redneck. Anyway, for a good laugh you may watch News Channel 5 on Monday night...I am sure it will be on their website too.
Just thought I would share my exciting week with you.

9 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS LEAH!!!! That is so exciting!!! I am so proud of you!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! :) Let's chat some time this week. I miss you and I'm so sorry you have been so sick.
Congrats! I was one of the people that voted for you!
Yay! We are so proud of you! (Okay, I'm proud of you, Will wanted to know if there was a cash prize involved with the award =) )
Leah, that is awesome! Congrats! You are definitely one of HLMS's losses!! We miss you!
Leah, that is so fun. Congratultaions!
Congrats Leah! You totally deserve it!
That is so exciting! I can't wait to see it! I don't think my students have ever applauded when I entered the room. I can see how one could become emotional! I know they love you!
That is great! Mine would have applauded when I left!
Emily
Awww, Leah...that is awesome! I just know they adore you! I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Can't wait to see you next weekend though!!
Post a Comment