Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Hunter's Wife


So, I believe duck season is officially over.
I hope that other wives can relate.

1. No husband on the weekends. (Although, I secretly enjoy a night to myself to watch a good chick flick such as Bring It On: All or Nothing. Yes, I watched it twice. AND, I ordered make-up from QVC last night.)

2. The trailer and four wheeler take my car's place in the garage. The only time this upsets me is when I have to scrap ice off my car before heading to school.

3. Hunting gear through out the entire house. Joey has this HUGE camouflage bag and it is always packed full.

4. A gun in the corner of every room in the house.

5. Waders hung in the guest bedroom closet. That will scare the MESS out of you when opening the closet in the dark.

6. Shot guns shells sitting on the kitchen counter. I find these things everywhere.

7. Give up on cleaning the floors. There is normally mud tracked in immediately after mopping.

8. Remembering not to wash their hunting clothes with Gain.

9. How bad they smell when they return from the hunt.

10. Loving' that they have a hobby and always anticipating their return home.

Let's put up the hunting gear and get out the golf clubs. That is a cleaner sport.
* I know we sound like complete rednecks, but really we are not. Well, maybe just a little.

5 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Hi Leah!

Just had to give an AMEN to this post! Kane's had to give me "a talkin to" several times for washing camo with regular detergent. :)

Glad to find you in the blog world.

Katey Overstreet

Christi said...

Ha! Just washed a load of hunting clothes with unscented detergent this morning, and my wood floors look like an army trapsed through. Joy.

Jessica said...

Rednecks? This is the only life I've ever known! I thought that shotgun shells belonged with the decor on the coffee table (and the window sill, the bathroom drawers, the kitchen table, the console of the car. . .)

katie ray said...

hey leah! i am so glad a came across your blog, sounds like you are doing great! i can completely relate to the wonderful hobby of hunting! talmadge is a duck hunter, but loves golf so i have gotten use to golf clubs in the middle of the den all summer!i can't wait for kelli and matt's wedding! so happy for her! we should start thinking about her bachlorette party!!! hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your tag! It was more than wonderful to see you Saturday! Thanks for all of your help!