Thursday, June 7, 2007

Summer Cleaning

I love to clean my house WHEN I have new cleaning products. I bought a Swiffer called the CarpetFlick. I don't have much carpet in my house I have several rugs, but I was thinking it would also work on hardwood floors. (Yes, I do know the name of the product is CarpetFlick) I was really excited about trying it out and then I read the side of the box (after I purchased it and got it out of the box and used it) that said, "not for use on hard floors". Well, it works ok on the carpet, but I guess I could have used the trusty old vacuum cleaner. I don't know what I was thinking Joey usually vacuums anyway.


Will Kroger take back a used Swiffer CarpetFlick? I wished I would have purchased this instead.....an Automatic Shower Cleaner from Scrubbing Bubbles!!! I wonder if it works? I sure hope so....I hate cleaning our shower.

BUT, I would LOVE to have one of these....a Roomba or a Scooba! My Mom just purchased one and she loves it. They are a tad out of my price range, but I may start saving.


If you have any magic tricks for keeping a clean house just let me know. And, don't say hire someone. I am not there yet. Happy Cleaning!

6 comments:

Michael and Crissie said...

I just bought a Dirt Devil carpet sweeper that's electric. I love it! It is great if your carpet is just a little dirty and you don't want to haul around a big vacuum. It works on hard wood and other floors too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leah!
The scrubbing bubbles shower thing...I have heard mixed reviews. I know it is expensive, but I also know you can go online for a coupon. Plus, the Walls here has the refills for a lot cheaper than wal-mart...if you wanted to make a trip to Grenada...not that gas wouldn't eat your lunch and you would spend more on gas than on the refill. Anyway, my brother got one (he is a jr. at STATE) and he loves it...but you can imagine that his shower doesn't get cleaned much anyway. I did over hear someone else talk about it and how it was a waste of money. I use scrubbing bubbles EVERY time I get into my shower/tub.....I just really like to sit in a clean tub. So....that is my two cents. Happy cleaning to you too....I am about to go vacuum...we are expecting company and I hate for my floors to be nasty. Have you found anything good for hard wood floors??? I hate to mop!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to you later
Emily Sneed Hatcher

The Petro Family said...

Swifer Dusters. Fantastic!! Especially on blinds! They really do lock in the dust!

Hillary Jordan said...

Uh, no comment on the cleaning!

Jennye Lynne said...

Leah I am laughing out loud at you!!! Girl you have to be one of the funniest people that I know. I hope that you have a great weekend and do something fun not to much cleaning. Miss you much... Morgan and I will have a blog spot really soon. You will be able to keep up with us.

The Beidleman's said...

Thanks for all the reviews girls. Greatly appreciated!!!

Leah