A tornado hit 5 miles from our house on Tuesday night. I am an insane person when bad weather is near. Will asked Joey if I had my football helmet ready.
OK, I have NEVER put a helmet on during stormy weather, but Joey HAS found me in a hallway with a blanket around my head, pillows surrounding me, and furniture moved to box me in (I don't think that would even work). That day we watched a tornado (well, Joey did...I was panicking in the hallway) hit a subdivision 2 miles from our house.
I was 5 weeks pregnant with Joseph and had just returned from my first doctor's appointment...the sirens began while I was on the road which completely flipped me out. That was the day I began throwing up and it did not stop until the day Joseph was born. I was just thinking about all of this the other night...I love how moments bring back many other memories. Then, this came to mind.
We would say...when the lights went out in Starkville. (such dorks) I was in a computer lab in the oldest building on campus...the IED Building. The lights went out and the ceiling tiles started lifting and windows started shattering. Some how I ended up downstairs standing in the breeze way, no shoes on, water pouring in the door, and watching a guy rescue a student from outside...she was being blown away....really she was. Julianna, I know you remember that storm.
I will post new pictures of Joseph and stop reliving all of my storm stories. I am going to have to learn to hide my panic when Joseph gets older.
Happy Friday

3 comments:
you are not alone my friend. When the sirens start little Carter and I gather some toys & pillows(well every pillow in our house) and we go "camping" in the bathroom. Ryan always makes fun of me for days! Hope yall are doing good-Baby Joseph is on our fridge-so sweet..Carter points to him and says baybeee aww! :)
Hey, it's funny-- you probably should wear a helmet in bad weather!!!! I remember on our senior cruise you put on a life jacket because the boat was rocking like crazy!!! That was ten years ago and I do have pictures of this!
Oh my gosh! I totally remember the straight line winds! Libby and I were riding around in my car trying to get ice for our cooler for our party that was supposed to be that night....did we really think the party was still going to happen?? Street lights were flying off the lines! Crazy. Oh, and whoever that is above me talking about your senior cruise...remember, I was on that cruise, too! How funny!
Post a Comment