Can't Live Without!
It has only been 3 weeks but I already have a list of "Must Haves" OR "Can Not Live Withouts"
Before Joseph arrived I would ask EVERYONE for a list of their favorites and must haves. With our current living arrangement, I knew it was important for us to only have the necessities. I would get stressed...stressed is not a good word...completely overwhelmed thinking I was not prepared AND I was NOT when we arrived at the hospital nor when we arrived home. A nurse (lactation specialist - don't get me started on that subject) fussed at me for not having lanolin cream with me at the hospital. She said, "Didn't you know you were supposed to pack all the necessities at 35 -36 weeks?" Yes, I did...I just didn't get around to it....OK! :) I am sure she charged me 100 bucks for the small sample she provided me with.
I could have had 10 more weeks and I don't think I would have ever felt fully prepared. Once I figured out if I would nurse or bottle feed (which I kinda prepared for both)....and besides diapers, wipes, baby carrier for car, and a bouncy seat with a vibrator...this is what we use the most...it is a simple list in no particular order.
It has only been 3 weeks but I already have a list of "Must Haves" OR "Can Not Live Withouts"
Before Joseph arrived I would ask EVERYONE for a list of their favorites and must haves. With our current living arrangement, I knew it was important for us to only have the necessities. I would get stressed...stressed is not a good word...completely overwhelmed thinking I was not prepared AND I was NOT when we arrived at the hospital nor when we arrived home. A nurse (lactation specialist - don't get me started on that subject) fussed at me for not having lanolin cream with me at the hospital. She said, "Didn't you know you were supposed to pack all the necessities at 35 -36 weeks?" Yes, I did...I just didn't get around to it....OK! :) I am sure she charged me 100 bucks for the small sample she provided me with.
I could have had 10 more weeks and I don't think I would have ever felt fully prepared. Once I figured out if I would nurse or bottle feed (which I kinda prepared for both)....and besides diapers, wipes, baby carrier for car, and a bouncy seat with a vibrator...this is what we use the most...it is a simple list in no particular order.
1. Diaper Champ - This has been a must have for us...especially since we live in such a small space. No need for special garbage bags and our little "home" isn't smelly.
2. Boppy - This is great for me, Joey, and Joseph...feeding, sleeping, playing...love it. I actually have two. Kelli just gave us the Ozark Mountain Nursing Pillow...great gift.

3. Wipe Warmer - Yes, it may dry out the wipes a little, but the wipes are actually warmer and it makes me feel organized...only one or two wipes are dispensed at a time. Besides, Joseph HATES to be changed...middle of the night dirty diapers are easier...I can find the wipes without my glasses on and the wipes are not ice cold.
4. A+D Ointment - The hospital started using A+D on Joseph to prevent diaper rash and we continued. I have tried several other brands, but I am happiest with the smell of A+D and it is easy to apply.
5. Alcohol Pads - A box of alcohol pads to help with the healing process of the belly button.
6. Fisher Price Aquarium - This was a hand-me-down from our nephews. We LOVE IT and use it every night. It puts all three of us to sleep. 

7. Burp Cloths - several packages of simple white burp cloths. I LOVE my monogrammed burp cloths, but trying to save them for when we leave the house.
8. Gowns - Layette Gowns. That is all we are wearing at this point.
9. Socks - baby socks
9. Socks - baby socks
10. Soothie Pacifier - This is Joseph's favorite...we figured that out the second night at home. I wish someone would have told me not to buy pacifiers...they give you several options at the hospital and then baby will decide what they like.
11. Mylicon!
12. Washcloths, Phisoderm Baby, and a baby towel for sponge baths.
Since I am listing things I can't live without...this little man is a MUST HAVE. We have had only a handful of sleepless nights...overall we have been blessed with a happy baby. We started eating 3 ounces last night and we had TWO - 3 hour stretches of sleep. WHOO HOO! The dark circles under my eyes are a little less noticeable today...well, with alot of makeup they are less noticeable. :)

11. Mylicon!12. Washcloths, Phisoderm Baby, and a baby towel for sponge baths.
Since I am listing things I can't live without...this little man is a MUST HAVE. We have had only a handful of sleepless nights...overall we have been blessed with a happy baby. We started eating 3 ounces last night and we had TWO - 3 hour stretches of sleep. WHOO HOO! The dark circles under my eyes are a little less noticeable today...well, with alot of makeup they are less noticeable. :)


Hiccups ALL the TIME!
2 comments:
Leah, you know you can go online to buy those pacifiers for $1 each!! Look at the website on the pacifier itself. Zach loves those too, and they're a DOLLAR!!! Also, if the Mylicon ever doesn't work, try Gripe Water. You can get it in the pharmacy section at Walmart. Drop a little in his bottle for gassy bellies...Viola! GONE!! I love the pix! He's sooo cute!!!
The gripe water is terrific! It worked everytime for Bennett and it can even work for adults. The one that I always bought came from Walgreens and was in a cobalt blue bottle. Also, if he is a little gassy, my DR gave us levison drops which work way better than anything over the counter. He is precious!
Post a Comment