Friday, September 12, 2008

School Baby Shower

School Baby Shower
36 Weeks
The faculty at my new school gave me and Samantha a baby shower yesterday. I received many wonderful gifts and appreciate all the work that went into preparing for our shower. We are due a day apart...she is having her second little girl.

Mrs. Bonnie Johnson made these precious corsages for us. The flower parts of the corsage are baby socks. I was impressed.

Yesterday afternoon I sat up really fast from the couch and felt as if I had pulled a muscle in my stomach. (Where are my stomach muscles, anyway?) I kept getting strange/minor pains in the same area all night...at one point it took my breath away. Joey looked at me and said, "Are you having contractions? You know, it is about time for that to start." I don't think it was contractions, but last night was the first night I can say I have felt really nervous and anxious about labor. I looked at Joey last night before my head hit the pillow and said, "Are you scared?" I think I am packing my hospital bags this weekend. Is it too early?

Happy Friday to you. I have really slowed down this week and just hope I can hang in there for all the wedding festivities over the next 2 weeks. Thank you for all your kind words...they mean so much to me.

3 comments:

Melissa Swartz said...

No, it isn't too early!! I was having major contractions at 36-37 weeks with Zach...false labor almost! My doctor decided to induce at 38 weeks... You definitely need to take it easy! That little guy is ready to see the world!!!

The Barnes said...

No definitely not too early. I had both of mine at 37 weeks. Don't be nervous! You are going to do great and have a healthy baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Oh no. You sure didn't tell me all of those details when we talked yesterday. You need to take it easy. I can't wait for him to get here though. Remember that I was majorly nervous about labor and it was so much better than I ever thought. You can do it!!!