Sunday, August 12, 2007

Can you remember 7th Grade?

This is my first year to teach 7th grade and I am really excited. I have been working in my room for over a week and the students will return tomorrow. I found these pictures at my parents house. I know the students will LOVE to see these pics. Joey said, "time did you well". THANKS! :) They really are hilarious.

1. Horrible Hair - I could never control my hair. They didn't make a CHI in the 90s. The ONE time I tried to wear my hair curly someone told me that I looked like Tonya Harding. That did it!!! I continued the frizz look.

2. My Bangs - YES, I cut my own bangs. Just little sprouts of hair coming from the center of my head.

3. My lipstick - SO, no makeup and RED lipstick was cool?

7th Grade Cheerleader
GO MAVS!
(I am surprised I didn't have on tube socks)
Those Bangs! I remember that initial necklace.


Same hair, MORE lipstick. That shirt is AWFUL!

Don't you laugh too hard at me until you go back and look at some of your old pictures AND then POST them.

6 comments:

Michael and Crissie said...

Those are great. We thought we were so cute then. I can't stop laughing remembering you cutting your bangs. I had forgotten about that!

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously laughing so HARD!!! I can remember you just like it was yesterday. And yes, I was there for the Tonya Harding comment. That was not a good day! You are BRAVE child! I would NEVER post pictures of myself in the 7th grade... I looked so bad... I'm surprised my mother let me out of the house! 7th graders are trouble... I wish you the best!

Love,
Courtney

Gray and Whitney said...

Those are great!!! I was pushing 250 lbs. in 7th grade...WITH BIG PUFF BANGS!! So don't feel bad! haha!

Anonymous said...

Those are classic. Love them. Hope school is going well.

Jennye Lynne said...

Hey Leah you are tooo funny...
I know that school has started and I am a little behind but I wanted you to know that we have been thinking about your big day back and that you are teaching 7th grade. Have a good week and like someone else said you know that we all thought that we were sooooo cute in the 7th grade!!!
Jennye Lynne

mary straton said...

i am scared to even look at my 7th grade pictures, not to mention posting them.

I had a maroon crushed velvet bodysuit that was H-O-T.