My Dad LOVES Elvis and had never been to Graceland until this weekend. We purchased the Platinum Tour which included the Graceland Mansion, the Elvis Automobile Museum, the tour of Elvis' airplanes, and the Sincerely Elvis exhibit. 
Of course we also purchased the "Professional Picture" at the end of the tour and my Dad bought the Elvis Live in Hawaii CD from one of MANY gift shops. The CD includes one of my favorite songs "Welcome to My World". We listened to the CD all the way home.
I can't help but LOVE Elvis, too. All throughout my childhood my Dad would tell stories about Elvis. My parents saw him perform in 1973. We would always watch old Elvis clips and concerts on TV in the den. I can't tell you how many times I have watched this 1988 movie, Elvis and Me.


BUT, this is not my FIRST trip to Graceland...it is my THIRD. Once, with my youth group when I was really young and then at Whitney's Bachelorette Party just last year. I don't remember who came up with this bright idea, but I think it was a joke at first and then before we knew it we were standing on the front porch of Graceland.

Someone once told me that "You are NOT American if you had not been to Graceland". Well, I am a TRUE American...I have been three times. If you are in the area, please don't ask me to go, I am Elvis'd out.
3 comments:
They are the cutest things ever. I love your dad! Always have, always will. I am so glad they came up this weekend.
That would be me and Kassi who decided to go to Graceland. Your parents are too funny. I bet Hog loved it!
Embarrassingly enough, neither Kell nor I have ever been to Graceland. Sad.
Post a Comment