Monday, July 2, 2007

The Grocery Cart

Many of you know this story, but you have not seen the pictures. It happened last summer.

Last summer I enjoyed working out outside in the heat (I like to sweat when I work out) and then I would head to the grocery store in the afternoon to pick up a few items for dinner. I would be really sweaty, nasty, and tired from the heat. One day while at Kroger I found this NEW GROCERY CART. I wondered why I had never seen it before, it was much lighter than the big grocery carts and much more convenient. I would place my Hobo wallet, keys, and cell phone near the front of the grocery cart and then stack my groceries in a nice neat row towards the back of the cart. Also, it was super easy to go through the self checkout line because of the location of the items. I just couldn't understand WHY they didn't have MORE of these great grocery carts. Here is a picture.Isn't it cool? Well, I thought so too, and proceeded to tell Joey and Emily (my sister-in-law) about the new carts at Kroger. I probably told a few more of ya'll too. It doesn't take much to get me excited. I was obviously SO EXCITED that I didn't read the side of the cart. Ya'll I used this cart at least 4-5 times. You can only imagine how tickled (embarrassed is probably a better word) I got when I finally noticed the clear as day "Restricted Use Only" handicap sign on ALL 3 sides, ALL THREE sides of the NEW grocery cart. Also, if you look at the first picture you will notice black Velcro. I believe this is for attaching the handicap cart to the front of a Walker.

I still think these are cool grocery carts. There were 2 available today and I was tempted to use one. (Of course I didn't!!!) I still get embarrassed when I see them at Kroger.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I am so glad yall had a good weekend. Call me this week so we can hang out.

Christi said...

Oh heck. Only Leah!

Michael and Crissie said...

That story never gets old! I cannot believe you used that cart. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Umm... that seriously may be the best story I've ever heard! I'm laughing out loud as I type this! Leah, seriously, you crack me up! Thanks for sharing again!

Courtney

Hillary Jordan said...

I'm just wondering what everyone else in the grocery store was thinking when they saw you "bee-bopping" your way through the frozen foods dept!

Melissa Swartz said...

Leah, I can totally relate! I went to Kroger several weeks ago, and they gave me that kind of cart when I checked out: you know how they use the person's cart in front of you? Well, I loved the cart too and thought I MUST use this kind again...It wasn't until I read your post that I realized the signs on the side. Duh...I must really be slipping!