My Grandmama Hill is in the hospital with pneumonia. She is very sick and last night was not good. Please click on this link to read the Upper Room.
The Upper Room
(change the date of the devotional to 12/2/2008)
The Upper Room has been a devotional that Grandmama Hill has purchased for each of her grandchildren for as long as I can remember. Whether I lived in the dorm at MSU, an apartment in Starkville, my apartment in Memphis, my home in Southaven, and now my P.O. Box in Benton...the Upper Room has been delivered to me from my Grandmama Hill.
My Grandparents lived through the Great Depression. My Grandmother pinches pennys like no one I have every met. She never wastes food or drink...she even puts her glass of water back in fridge if she does not finish it. Before she went to the hospital, she was upset because she had to pay $50 for antibiotics. Really, click on the link.
The Upper Room
(change the date of the devotional to 12/2/2008)
(change the date of the devotional to 12/2/2008)
The Upper Room has been a devotional that Grandmama Hill has purchased for each of her grandchildren for as long as I can remember. Whether I lived in the dorm at MSU, an apartment in Starkville, my apartment in Memphis, my home in Southaven, and now my P.O. Box in Benton...the Upper Room has been delivered to me from my Grandmama Hill.
My Grandparents lived through the Great Depression. My Grandmother pinches pennys like no one I have every met. She never wastes food or drink...she even puts her glass of water back in fridge if she does not finish it. Before she went to the hospital, she was upset because she had to pay $50 for antibiotics. Really, click on the link.
The Upper Room
(change the date of the devotional to 12/2/2008)
So, when we read this morning's Upper Room devotional I could feel God's arms being wrapped around me and my family. I took Aunt Marsha coffee this morning at the hospital...my first question. Did you read the Upper Room? The devotional book was in her hands. She had just read it to Grandmama Hill. Grandmama's Response..."That's something good I have done." She is so cute...she was resting peacefully after a long night.

One Year Ago - 89th Birthday
Grandmama's three girls
Thank you, God, for the lights in our journey of faith. Help us, in turn, to be lights for others. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Grandmama's three girls
Thank you, God, for the lights in our journey of faith. Help us, in turn, to be lights for others. In Jesus' name. Amen.
5 comments:
that is so sweet. My grandmother used to get The Upper Room, too, and still to this day the publication reminds me of her. They truly are the Greatest Generation.
That gave me chills! Give your sweet Grandmother a hug from me. I love you all!
Leah, I will definitely keep your grandmama in my prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything for y'all!
I'm in tears. That is such a precious gift!
My grandparents read The Upper Room, too! Every time I go over there it is sitting out. So sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing.
Post a Comment